How LED Lighting for Your Business is Different from the usage of CFLs & Incandescent Bulbs?
LED Lighting for your business can prove advantageous over a long term. LED Lighting is very different from other lighting such as incandescent bulbs and CFLs. Major differences include the following:
- Light Source: LEDs are the size of a pepper fleck, and a mix of red, green, and blue LEDs is typically used to make white light.
- Direction: LEDs emit light in a specific direction, altering the need for reflectors and diffusers that can trap light. This feature makes LEDs more efficient and reliable for many uses. With another lighting, the light must be reflected in the desired direction and more than half of the light may never leave the holder or the fixture.
- Heat: LEDs emit very little heat. In comparison with LED, incandescent bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat, and CFLs release about 80% of their energy as heat.
Here’s a list of five reasons why LED Lighting for Your Business is beneficial:
- LEDs Last Longer Than Incandescent Lights
- LED Lights are Energy-efficient
- Quick Start without Hassle
- LED Lights Promotes Productivity
- LED Lights are Made from Non-toxic Materials
1. LEDs Last Longer than Incandescent Lights
In the scenario when we compared LED lights to regular light bulbs, we found that the LED lights were good for up to 50,000 hours of illumination compared to just a maximum of 2,000 hours for the regular light bulb. For a business, this means spending much less money on doing regular facility-wide installations. LED lights never burn out, they “fade away”.
According to the New York Times, LED’s simply producing fewer amounts of light, but never turns into darkness the way regular bulbs do. Even at the end of their hour of operation, LED lights will continue to produce an estimated 70% of their maximum illuminating potential. Thereby saving a business fortune on having to replace their lighting system every 2,000 hours of use just through LED Lighting for Your Business.
2. LED Lights are Energy-efficient
LEDs can save up to 70% of a company’s energy output, says the research, technology, and science website. Reducing carbon emissions directly proportional to reducing the consumption of energy. As an example, Buckingham Palace turned to LEDs for their complete ceiling lights and also illuminating the official residence of the Queen of England.
This means the electricity consumption is less than making a cup of tea. A business that uses LEDs for its lighting will slash its monthly overhead budget considerably.
3. Quick Start without Hassle
If you have used fluorescent lights in the past, you will know that they can take some time to start. Traditional CFL lights take time to operate. Once it gets heat, only it works with full capability. But with the LED lighting system, LED lights are effective once you switch ON. LED lights can last up to 50,000 hours without any trouble, and they can be the perfect choice for your household and the workplace too.
4. LED Lights Promotes Productivity
LED lights have distinct benefits for their users. It helps us to promote productivity in many different ways. LED gives you a cool relieving feeling compared to other bulbs. It also helps us to enhance your sense of concentration and energy. On the other hand, other bulbs give you a warm and lazy atmosphere. The heat produce from it makes you feel restful. That is why most professional buildings switch to LED lights to give their employees a sense of focus.
5. LED Lights are Made from Non-toxic Materials
Unlike incandescent and other lights, LED lights are made of innocuous materials. LED lights are manufactured in such a way that it frees the environment from contamination and pollution. It helps us to relieve the toxic waste produced by the material composition of traditional lighting.
LED lights are used to lower the environmental impact of lighting. The removal of mercury makes it easier to use and dispose of. Traditional lights can also produce a toxic gas which can harm both the environment and the people in the society. Thus, LED Lighting for Your Business also creates environment friendly practices.
At Apollo Power Systems we make over 300 products for a wide range of indoor and outdoor applications for industries and offices. We also provide connected lighting control solutions based on DALI, RF, and other technologies for both indoor as well as outdoor use. Switching to LED Lighting for Your Business alleviates the demand and pressure on the resources of the Earth. We save money and energy from using these and at the same time, we are saving our environment. Knowing that the quality and brightness are not compromised, it’s an economical choice to make. To know further details about LED Lighting, please reach out to us at www.apollopowersystems.com