Apollo Power Systems Pvt. Ltd. offers the most reliable Power Generator Sets in the world and with a wide range of 15kVA – 3000kVA diesel generators in India, catering to a wide range of clientele, from a homeowner to a large business enterprise.
As pioneers in the Generator Industry for over 25 years, we understand the criticality of Standby power in any home or business environment. Unlike any other equipment or machine, Generator Set is the lifeline of any operation and hence requires being most reliable in terms of up-time efficiency (with almost zero downtime) and minimum maintenance.
Apollo Power Systems has expertise in Load Study, Diesel Generators Sizing (DG Sizing), Electrical Distribution along with proficiency in Generator Paralleling (DG Paralleling) / Synchronization, Designing Room Acoustics & Treatment for Diesel Generators (DGs) and Erection & Installation. Together, we offer the most optimized solution both in terms of technical and commercial without any compromises.
- Over 25 Years of experience with DG Sets / Diesel Generators in India
- Represent leading Genset Brands
- Large team of trained service engineers in Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Vizag & Chennai
- Capability to execute large projects
- Load Study & Product Recommendation
- Design, System Integration, Manufacturing, Power Project Management, Installation – All in House
- Product Sales, Installation, Product Support, Parts Support, Service – All Under One Roof
- Satisfied Customer base across South India
- Channel Partner for KOHLER POWER SYSTEMS, – a top diesel generator manufacturer, for over two decades
- Diesel Generators: 15 – 3000kVA
- Gas Generators: 11kVA and 14kVA
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Generators are backup devices to provide power to appliance when there is not electric power. They convert fuels like diesel, propane, gasoline into electrical energy. There is an engine that burns off the fuels and creates motion or mechanical energy which is then converted into electricity. A throttle and governor is used to keep the generator speed consistent to maintain constant power output.
Diesel Generators are generators that use diesel as the fuel along with electric generators to generate electricity.
The different parts of a Diesel Generator are:
- Diesel Engine
- Fuel System
- Voltage regulator
- Cooling and exhaust system
- Lubrication system
- Battery Charger
- Control Panel
It is an Internal Combustion Engine in which air is super compressed. This creates very high temperatures. Fuel is then ignited at these high temperatures to create combustion and expansion. Energy thus created is transformed into mechanical energy using pistons.
It is a component of the diesel generator that is capable to generate AC power at a specified frequency.
Using Diesel is much more efficient compared to other kind of fuels, hence diesel is often used. Diesel engines rely only on air compression for ignition compared to using electric sparks in petrol engines. Air is super compressed in Diesel engines(much higher than other engines like petrol engines) to create very high temperatures for fuel ignition.
Portaable ones can be used for domestic purposes. large diesel generators can be used for commercial purposes.
Both are power units.
The difference is KVA has power factor associated with it. The power factor is determined by the load associated with the generator. Generators with a higher power factor are more efficient than the ones which have less power factor.
Power = Volt * Current.
KW= Kilo Volt * Current
KVA= Kilo Volt * Current * Power factor
The different types of generators are:
- EMD Generators – Electro Motive Generators that have advantages in power and durability.
- Diesel Generators – Combination of diesel engine with an electric generator. These can be portable for small loads and large ones for commercial purposes.
- Portable Generators – A generator on wheels powered by diesel or gas. These can provide temporary electrical power.
- Natural Gas Generators – These Generators use gas as the fuel.
The size of the generator depends on the load it has to supply.