Biogas & Natural Gas Powered Generators by MTU (A Rolls-Royce Company)
Providing highly efficient gas gensets with optimized engine design to greatly lower fuel costs for a broad range of commercial & industrial applications.
MTU (A Rolls-Royce Company) a world-class power solution provider offers Natural Gas powered generator sets with a continuous, economical, reliable and sustainable source of power for the energy concentrated industries, Utilizing natural gas, biogas or other gases. MTU gas generator sets feature cutting-edge technology that provide combined heat and power (CHP), as well as combined heat, power and cooling (CHPC) solutions.
Specifications of MTU Gas Generator
- Gas engine: Improved combustion technology increases engine efficiency and lowers fuel costs
- Generator: Optimally tailored to the engine, the generator provides best-in-class reliability and efficiency.
- Ignition system: A microprocessor-controlled ignition system optimally adjusts the ignition time and ignition energy to the quality of the gas.
- Mixture cooler: The two-stage mixture cooler improves engine performance and heat utilization.
- Digital connectivity: The system can be equipped with a data logger providing access to our digital solutions, including remote monitoring, fast and reliable service support and, soon, further features such as predictive failure prevention and operational optimization.
- MTU Module Control (MMC: The MTU Module Control covers all important functions needed for controlling the whole system. It comes in a separate panel and is placed next to the genset.
- Industrial PC with touch-screen colour display
- Monitors all system processes
- Logs all fault and status messages
- Integrates seamlessly with other controls
- Enables multi-module system networking
- Supports numerous protocols (e.g. Ethernet, Profbus DP)
- Flexible heat recovery unit (GR configuration): This unit ensures highest thermal efficiencies for the jacket water, lube oil and coolant mixture.
- Exhaust heat recovery (GC configuration): The exhaust heat recovery system with exhaust heat exchanger achieves highest thermal efficiencies in CHP systems. With the MTU 12V500 GS version, the exhaust heat exchanger is supplied separately.
Benefits of MTU Gas Generators:
- Operational flexibility: Quick ramp-up and ramp-down with a wide range of partial load operation & fulfills the highest emission standards.
- Generator: Perfectly tuned to the engine & ensures a high level of reliability and optimum efficiency.
- Low lifecycle costs: The MTU natural gas genset components are fine-tuned to ensure long service lives and deliver maximum uptime.Long service intervals and easy-to-maintain components mean low maintenance costs.
- High efficiency: The natural gas genset achieves highest efficiencies, delivering a significant improvement in fuel/energy utilization at high temperatures.
- Eco-friendly: Low emissions, up to 50% less CO2 produced than by conventional power plants.
- Digital Data: The system is equipped with a data logger providing access to digital MTU solutions, including remote monitoring.